Vision & Aims
3 Year Vision
- To use data analysis to continually challenge and improve our teaching and learning.
- To raise our nursery profile within the Baldock Community through forging closer links with playgroups, schools and other groups and organisations.
- To endeavour to meet the government expectations to provide extended provision for those children eligible to at tend the nursery and their families.
- To work with other schools in Baldock and the surrounding villages to support the Extended Schools’ Agenda and the Children’s Centre.
- To continue to focus on children’s positive strengths, which enable them to experience success and develop self-confidence and self-esteem.
- To maintain the nursery practice of inclusion for all children.
- To implement the Early Years Foundation Stage, Every Child Matters and Change for Children Strategy throughout the Nursery Curriculum.
- To encourage and support all members of staff with their professional development.
Aims of the Nursery
- To ensure that the time spent at Weston Way Nursery School is a happy and enriching experience for every child.
- To provide high quality early years’ education through an all-encompassing, developmentally appropriate curriculum in a well planned environment, staffed by suitably qualified professionals.
- To establish an atmosphere of friendly co-operation where each child can feel safe and secure and can develop the self-confidence to work individually or in a group.
- To celebrate individuality and develop each child’s potential, whilst ensuring that the equality of opportunity is always provided.
- To welcome parents and promote an open partnership with them and other carers.
- To maintain and build upon the good links with local pre-school providers and with our linked primary schools.
- To strive to meet the needs of the families and their children in the local community, offering a widening range of extended provision.