We offer 15 hours of nursery education over either 5 mornings or 5 afternoons (3 hour sessions)
To indicate a preference please download an application form from our website and return to the nursery. Details of the reasons for your preference must be given.
Please note we cannot guarantee you will be offered your preferred session.
The governors follow the rules and arrangements for entry into the Nursery that are set by the Local Authority.
You are welcome to visit the Nursery – please contact the school office.
Applications from September 2018
The Local Education Authority will no longer be co-ordinating Nursery admissions. For the September 2018 intake, and then following years’ parents/carers will need to make direct applications to setting/s of their choice.
The closing date for September 2018/19 intake has now passed (Friday 9th February 2018) and we are now in the process of allocating places. The following criteria will be used:
- EHCP Section of the Education Act 1996 requires the governing body of all maintained schools to admit a child with an EHC (Education and Health Care Plan) that names the school.
- Children who are already attending the nursery prior to September intake.
- Children who are looked after by the local authority, including children who were previously looked after but were then adopted (or became subject to a child arrangements order or a special guardianship order)
- Children who live in the Baldock Community
- Any places then remaining, Google maps will be used to take the measurement from the nursery school to the child’s home address. Shortest distances will be given priority.
If there are fewer applications than places available all applicants will be admitted.